Note C. The Root Chakra is the first of our energy centers, known as our base for our life force energy, it is associated with the first task we undertake after birth, which is to determine “Do I belong here?" (on this Earth and in this family system). It is your survival center. This is the chakra of stability, security, and our basic needs. The root chakra is comprised of whatever grounds you to stability in your life. When these needs are met, you feel grounded and safe. It gives us the motivation to eat, sleep and procreate. It helps us develop our personal integrity, self-esteem and sense of belonging.
The energies of the Root Chakra help us feel grounded and connected to this Earth, giving us a place for our life to ‘take root’ and for the flow of energies to propel us forward on our life journey. When these energies are stuck, stagnant, imbalanced, or blocked, our vitality and zest for life are also compromised.
Just one example of many: If your environment was chaotic and/or your caregivers were emotionally unavailable to you and/or if your caregivers withheld, delayed, or were inconsistent in giving you what you needed at a young age, then you will lack trust and security, and may find yourself with Root chakra imbalance or blockages.
On the other hand, when the Root Chakra is balanced and energy can flow freely, it helps us increase the sense of belonging, feeling secure in our actions and choices, and have the ability to hold an increased sense of self-worth. It also improves concentration, persistence, clear thinking, ability to set goals and the ability to prioritize. Emotionally it improves passion, love, excitement and determination.
The energy of Root chakra allows us to harness courage, resourcefulness and the will to live during challenging times. Root chakra connects us with spiritual energies of our ancestors, and our ancestors challenges and triumphs. Since Root Chakra carries our ancestral memories, then basically it is common that everyone experiences challenges or imbalances within the Root chakra every now and then.
War, famine, natural disasters, and any events that threaten our basic survival, are all recorded within energies of the Root chakra. These memories are imprinted in the subtle body (i.e life energy) and are passed down from generation to generation creating unconscious generational patterns. It is our work to take responsibility for our own lives and bring to light that which is unconscious or latent. The Karmas of our past lives and current life Karma, also rest in the energy field of Root Chakra. From every thought, intention, or act that we perform or have performed, a seed is sown in the Root Chakra and will sooner or later rise into the light.
Important fun fact: All of the seven chakras are important and interconnected with each other. Usually, balancing one chakra will create change in another chakra. It is important though to balance the Root Chakra first, before we proceed to others, or we will lack the stability and rootedness necessary for true transformation and personal growth.
- Psychological symptoms of Root Chakra blockage include: Anxiety disorders, fear, panic attacks, worry, overthinking, depression, nightmares, emotionally disconnected or disconnected from the body, anger/rage, feeling restless or experiencing a lack of energy, chronically feel as if we don’t fit in or belong, experiences of insecurity and low self-esteem. Mental signs: poor focus, disorganized, pessimism, negative thinking about life and narrow thinking.
- Physical symptoms of Root Chakra blockage include: Lethargic and physically drained, problems in the colon, with the bladder and with elimination, problems with lower back, left arm, leg or feet issues, inflammation and/or cramps. In men, prostate problems may occur. Eating disorders may also be a sign of a root chakra imbalance.
D note. The second chakra is the centre of your feelings, emotions, pleasure, sensuality, intimacy, and connection.This is your passion and pleasure centre and it is located in the pelvic area. While the Root Chakra is satisfied with survival, the second chakra seeks pleasure and enjoyment. The sacral chakra is also your centre of creativity. This energy center offers direct access to flow, flexibility, fluidity and fun. When working with this chakra, you will address your relationship with both others and yourself.
The energy of this chakra allows you to let go, to move on, and to feel change and transformation occurring within your body in a transcendental way. It allows you to experience the absolute present as it is, without judgement.
The main challenge for the second chakra is the conditioning of our society. We live in a society where feelings are not valued, where passion and emotional reactions are frowned upon, therefore it is common that many people experience imbalances within the Sacral Chakra.
When the Sacral Chakra is in healthy alignment, you will be able to source energy for creativity, movement, procreation, desire, pleasure, flexibility, acceptance and emotional balance.
The Sacral Chakra is the driving force for the enjoyment of life through the senses, whether it’s auditory, through taste, touch, or sight. Opening your Sacral Chakra allows you to “feel” the world around you and within you. As such, it’s an important chakra at the foundation of our feeling of well-being. It supports personal expansion and fluidity for the formation of identity.
- Psychological symptoms of Sacral Chakra blockage include: Sense of lack of control, uncertainty, inability to cope with life’s changes. It either detaches you from your emotions and those around you or it makes you be overly ruled by your emotions. Lack of sexual desire or satisfaction. Feeling stuck in a particular feeling or mood. Mental signs: Addiction, repressed emotions and lack of creative energy.
- Physical symptoms of Sacral Chakra blockage include: Chronic low back pain, ovarian cysts and other reproductive issues, urinary tract infections, impotence, pain during intercourse, complications with the bladder and kidneys, and other pelvic–lower abdominal issues.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The third Chakra, located between the navel and solar plexus, is the core of our personality, our identity and our ego. This is the center of willpower. The third chakra is all about the perception of who you are. This is the center of your self-esteem, your willpower and self-discipline. Self love, self acceptance and acknowledgment of your worth are the building blocks of this chakra. This one is all about honoring yourself and taking care of yourself.
A strong third chakra reflects the ability to move forward in life with confidence and power. It reflects the ability to make conscious choices and to act. It means being proactive rather than reactive or inactive.
With a balanced Solar Plexus Chakra, you will trust your inner guidance without questioning and will follow your intuition without hesitation.It implies self-mastery, meaning the ability to master your thoughts and emotions, overcome any fear, and take appropriate action in any situation with courage and determination.
The main function of this energy center is to provide actual momentum to move forward and realize personal desires and intentions. It plays a fundamental role in the development of personal power (It’s important to distinguish that personal power doesn’t imply power over others). It feeds one’s direction in life and the actions taken in order to reach your goals.
- Psychological symptoms of Solar Plexus Chakra blockage or imbalance include: Low self-esteem, lack of self-importance, fear of rejection, sensitivity to criticism and inability to stand up for what we believe in. Feeling drained and depleted of vitality, which can lead to depression, fearfulness and insecurity. Excessive control and authority over your environment and people. Being manipulative, or the opposite in case of deficiency or blocked energy: Feeling of helplessness or victimized, irresponsibility, lack of clear direction, lack of purpose or ambition. Making plans or having a lot of ideas without finding efficient ways to make them happen.
- Physical symptoms of Solar Plexus Chakra blockage include: Stomach issues like acid reflux, intestinal problems like IBS, and pain in the middle spine. Anxiety, fatigue and overeating.
The fourth chakra is the center of your deep bonds with yourself and other beings, your sense of caring and compassion, your feelings of self-love, altruism, generosity, kindness, and respect. The Heart Chakra is an integrating and unifying chakra, it brings wholeness, as such, it is your healing center.
It allows us to recognize and get in touch with the sacred and fundamental truth that runs through all of life and connects everything together. the fourth energy center is said to bridge earthly and spiritual aspirations. When the Heart Chakra is open, you may feel deeply connected, the harmonious exchange of energy with all that is around you, and the appreciation of beauty.
This chakra connects the lower and upper chakras. In other words, the Heart Chakra acts as a center of integration of earthly matters and higher aspirations. Far from seeing these energies as separate, the experience of the heart integrates them effortlessly and harmoniously. Seeing the world through a balanced fourth chakra is being in a state of openness and acceptance that brings us in touch with our world and ourselves in profound and fulfilling ways.
Functions associated with the Heart Chakra are: Love for oneself and others, compassion, empathy, forgiveness, acceptance, giving and receiving, transformation, ability to grieve and reach peace, center of awareness, integration of insights. Not to mention it also helps with transcending personal identity and limitations of the ego, appreciation of beauty in all things, and experiencing deep and meaningful relationships. Glands or bodily functions: Thymus gland, responsible for hormone production and important in the regulation of the immune system.
- Psychological symptoms of Heart Chakra blockage or imbalance include: Difficulties in your relating with others, jealousy, codependency, being closed down, withdrawn, being overly defensive, fear of intimacy, relying on other’s approval and attention, trying to please at all cost, Always putting oneself in the role of the savior or the rescuer; or on the contrary, falling into victimization, excessive isolation, being recluse, holding grudges, not being able to forgive.
- Physical symptoms of Heart Chakra blockage include: Respiratory ailments, such as lung infection, bronchitis, circulatory and heart-related issues.
The Throat Chakra is the fifth chakra and it is the first of the higher or spiritual chakras on the "chakra ladder". This chakra is located in the region of neck and shoulders, physically associated with the thyriod, which governs our metabolism. The Throat Chakra is driven by the principle of expression and communication, its energy allows you to seek knowledge that is true, beyond limitations of time and space, beyond cultural and family conditioning. Because of its location, it’s often seen as the “bottleneck” of the movement of energy in the body. It sits just before the upper chakras of the head.
The Throat Chakra is connected to the way you express your life with utmost authenticity. It is about communicating your thoughts, feelings, and intentions clearly and accurately, it is the place where we work on expanding our voice and the power of will. The energy of the Throat Chakra is having an awareness of your personal power and knowing that no one outside of yourself has power over you and the choices you make. However speaking your highest truth doesn’t mean you’re allowed to be hurtful or critical; the truth from your spiritual essence will come across as kind and compassionate.
This Chakra is all about communication, self-expression, openness and clarity of speech. As a communication center, it not only allows you to express who you are and what you stand for, but also allows you to listen deeply to another. The Throat Chakra also resonates with confession and forgiveness. Forgiveness allows any guilt or hurt to be eliminated via the Root Chakra, and thus enables the individual to openly express, give, and receive love.
Fun fact: Energy changes into matter as a result of the Throat Chakra actions such as thinking, speaking, and visualizing. So if you're working on your manifestation power, then focusing on the Throat Chakra might help a lot.
This Chakra is not only related to external communication; it's also directly connected to the internal communication you have with your inner self and the connection with the etheric realm (the more subtle realms of spirit and intuitive abilities). This is a great chakra for projecting, manifesting and for realizing your vocation and purpose. It’s an important reference point to align the energy through the whole chakra system.
The Throat chakra also helps you find your purpose in life and creativity. Note that this chakra has a natural connection with the second chakra or sacral chakra, center of emotions and creativity as well. When we open our Throat Chakra we begin to face our truth and see beyond maya (illusion), we vocalize our authentic self and are no longer lying to ourselves. When we activate the Throat Chakra, we drop the façade of social conditioning and we awaken to our true human potential.
- Psychological symptoms of Throat Chakra blockage or imbalance include: Feelings of insecurity about communicating our wants and needs, timidity and extreme introversion. On the other end of the spectrum, an overactive throat chakra may also lead to gossiping, being verbally aggressive or mean, excessive talking and/or complaining, self-righteousness and even an inability to listen to others (listening is also an act of communication). It can seem as though the filter between the discourse you have in your mind and what comes out of your mouth is not working, or missing entirely. A Throat Chakra imbalance can also manifest as lack of control over one’s speech, excessive fear of speaking, small, imperceptible voice, telling lies, excessive secretiveness or shyness and lack of connection with your purpose in life
- Physical symptoms of Throat Chakra blockage include: Struggle with disease of the throat or respiratory system such as laryngitis, tonsillitis or the common cold.
Third Eye Chakra
This is the he sixth chakra and epicenter of intuition and psychic ability. Clairvoyance may be one result of a developed third eye, but this energy center is responsible for so much more. When we open the third eye, we become aware of the big picture, we gain the ability to shift our perspective in order to see our own blind spots and to understand ourselves deeply.
This chakra correlates to our mental abilities, psychological skills and how we evaluate beliefs and attitudes. Sitting between our eyes and being physically connected to the brain, pituitary and pineal glands, this is the mind chakra. It resonates with the energy of our psyche, as well as our conscious and unconscious psychological tendencies. Deciphering what we believe to be true and what is genuinely true is at the core of this chakra. Just as the pituitary gland monitors and manages hormonal release from glands throughout the body, the third eye has the ability to regulate the flow of energy throughout the entire subtle body.
The Third Eye Chakra is helps acquiring wisdom beyond our self-inflicted perceptions. It is breaking down stereotypes, seeing beyond the illusion of the media, and achieving detachment from societal realities. A balanced sixth chakra is having a spiritual awareness of movement and change, knowing that there is an appropriate time for endings as well as beginnings. It is having the ability to release old thought patterns and embrace the new.
The power of the Third Eye Chakra is witnessing your freedom beyond the realms of "realistic illusion". The spiritual awareness that comes through the development of the sixth chakra can be overwhelming for those who have not built a healthy foundation in the lower five chakras. Once we have worked our way through those, the third eye begins to open, an inner knowing begins to rise, and we can clearly see ourselves. We see that "I am" is a moving target. We are not our fears or our emotions, our beliefs nor our judgments. We see ourselves fully, we see all of the ways that we play the victim, all of the ways we project our judgments, insecurities, and assumptions onto others.
As the third eye opens wider, the house of cards falls to pieces and you wake up to a new spiritual reality. This is what the great mystics and seers throughout history understood, and the experience is available to all of us. However, this awakening challenges our sense of identity, and hence, the process warrants caution. Just remember that an unblocked third eye chakra can be the key to a happier life. When you have a finely tuned sense of intuition, you naturally drift towards the opportunities that are right for you.
The energy of this chakra allows us to experience clear thought as well as gifts of spiritual contemplation and self reflection. The energy of this chakra allows us to access our inner guidance that comes from the depths of our being. It allows us to see beyond the mind, beyond the words. It enhances mindfulness and balances emotion and reason. When this chakra is fully activated, both hemispheres of the brain function in synchrony. The right hemisphere's creativity and synthetic thinking is integrated and balanced with left hemisphere's logical and analytical thinking.
- Psychological symptoms of Third Eye Chakra blockage or imbalance include: Lack of purpose, inability to make decisions, feeling of psychological paralysis, trouble sleeping, clumsiness, struggle to learn new things, doubt in your intuition’s accuracy and paranoia.
- Physical symptoms of Third Eye Chakra blockage include: Headaches, hormone imbalances, nightmares, indecision, burnout, eye discomfort, back and leg pain, sinus pain, sleep disorders, severe depression or spiritual arrogance.
The seventh and highest chakra is our connector to the divine and our spiritual nature, sits at the crown of the head and relates to our higher selves. This energy center is associated with the element of thought, connection to spirit, universal consciousness, enlightenment, wisdom, unity and self-knowledge. It is the source of enlightenment and our connection to the divine. It also allows for spirituality to integrate into our physical lives, it is the chakra of prayer. It is both a receiver and giver of energy and consciousness. It receives energy to sustain life and it gives back the personal energy to unite with the collective pool of consciousness.
The Crown chakra is primarily associated to the pituitary gland, and secondarily to the pineal and the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland work in pair to regulate the endocrine system. Because of its location, the crown chakra is closely associated with the brain and the whole nervous system.
There is no intellectual knowing at the level of seventh chakra, but there is serenity, joy, and deep peace about life, it allows us to experience mystical oneness with everyone and everything in nature. The "way of the Crown Chakra" is the way of going beyond the limits of your own ego, it is the meeting point between finite (the body and the ego) and infinite (the universe and soul).
This chakra is our source of enlightenment and spiritual connection, it is a connection to our higher selves.In connection with the physical body, the Crown Chakra is the entry point for the human life-force which pours abundantly into the body’s energy system from the greater universe. It is this force that nourishes the body, mind, and spirit, and it distributes this energy throughout the physical body and down the lower chakras.
True opening of the Crown Chakra means the realization that you are pure awareness, you are pure consciousness, undivided, and all expansive. As we are immersed in the energy of the crown chakra, we feel a state of blissful union with all that is, of spiritual ecstasy. This chakra allows access to the upmost clarity and enlightened wisdom. This is the chakra of humanity. Here, we realize we are all in this together and all our souls are here to learn what it feels like to be in the human body.
The more people who can connect with the power of this chakra, the more it will shift our collective consciousness on a massive scale towards a more holistic understanding of health, disease, the environment, biodiversity, and humanity as a whole.
- Psychological symptoms of Crown Chakra blockage or imbalance include: Confusion, imbalance, a lack of connection to the spiritual side of life, unfocused, inability to function practically, issues related to empathy on a worldly scale, judgmental towards belief and spirituality, loneliness, a strong attachment to material possessions and achievements (and define yourself according to them), feeling unworthy of spiritual help, existential depression, narrow mindedness, greed, materialism,excessive egoism, feelings of isolation or emotional distress, feeling disconnected from everyone and everything, inability to concentrate or focus on the task at hand, inability to take on other’s perspectives or practice empathy. On the opposite side, an overactive Crown Chakra could manifest as a disconnection with the body and excessive "living in your head". When there's Crown chakra imbalance, you might feel like your normal self, just not in an exalted state of spiritual connection and enlightenment, which is totally common.
- Physical symptoms of Crown Chakra blockage include: Skin issues such as rashes, acne, or eczema. Migraines and tension headaches, fatigue, or mental illness.
How To Balance each Chakra?
When we talk about chakra balancing, we may actually refer to various techniques and meanings. A commonly accepted definition of chakra balancing is the process through which the energy of the chakras is brought to a well functioning and harmonious state.
Ways to balance your chakras:
- The use of chakra healing stones or crystals.
- Exercises focused on the connection of body and mind, including yoga.
- Practice visualization.
- Use of certain essential oils.
- Sound Meditation.
- Practice Gratitude.
- Breath work, including pranayama.
- Spend time in nature.
- Holistic or alternative medicine such as the use of our Singing Bowls or Crytals.
If you want to work on an one specific chakra at a time and accelerate the process of healing and balancing them, then we truly recommend that you give sound meditation a try. Eco-Ego Boutique offers Singing Bowls assigned to each Chakra, their frequency generate vibrations that open channels for balancing the body's energy system, our energy centres resonate to specific musical notes that the singing bowls generate in order to bring harmony and balance to the Chakras. Some people use the singing bowls in combination with other healing practices, such as meditation, deep breathing or/and cyrstal healing in order to enhance its balancing effects.